Topic: Unions Under Siege
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 12, 2012 2:44 AM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Unions Under Siege

This 75,000 dollar figure is false, such falsity being par for the conservative course.

The truth:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/11/us/illinois-chicago-teachers-strike/index.html
"The median base salary for Chicago public schools teachers in 2011 was $67,974, according to the system's annual financial report."

And you are just not aware of some things: Obama is not a progressive, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Oh? You think that healthcare law was progressive? Then Bob Dole and the rest of the Republicans in 1993 were progressives, since this plan is essentially theirs - all the way down to the vouchers and mandates and exchanges and the rest, and that is a fact. For instance, he and that other fake progressive Rahm Emanuel gave up the public option that progressives thought he was fighting for - they early on made a backroom deal with the big corporations to dump that option and have just a voucher system. Progressives exploded in anger when they found out they were betrayed. Many still remember this - and other such betrayals. So like I said, the turnout will not be as high this time.

And just about everything you think is progressive he's done I can prove to you was actually some plan put forth before by Republicans in the past. And we keep saying about what Obama has done: Republicans were for it before they changed their minds and were against it when Obama decided to take them up on what they were for - you know, in the spirit of trying to work with Republicans while his progressive base was going crazy with anger. You seem to be so unaware of so much.

------- End of Forwarded Message