Topic: Binary or Logical Selection : Given an array A and a binary
orlogical vector S, how do I select the rows of A when S = 1 or True ?

Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 24, 2012 12:46 PM

dr.beauwebber@googlemail.com

Re: Binary or Logical Selection : Given an array A and a binary

On Monday, 24 September 2012 07:31:36 UTC+1, James Waldby wrote:

> Perhaps write something like following, in which the form p_i_j
>
> stands for p_{i_j} and the parenthesized lists stand for vectors
>
> of points p_i.
>

> Suppose A = (p_1, p_2, ... p_n). Let R = (p_i_1, p_i_2, ... p_i_k)
>
> where i_j < i_{j+1} for all the j, and i \in { i_j } iff S_i = 1.
>

> --
>
> jiw

Thanks indeed James - my initial reply seems to be lost ...
Yes, I think I understand that, I have generated a Latex version, and have
now incorporated it into my paper.
Much thanks again,
Beau