Topic: The Word Not Mentioned in the Debate: Poverty
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 7, 2012 5:32 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: The Word Not Mentioned in the Debate: Poverty

Haim posted Oct 5, 2012 4:15 AM (GSC's remarks follow):
> Jerry P. Becker Posted: Oct 4, 2012 5:52 PM

> ABSTRACT: Diane Ravitch in her hard hitting "Diane
> Ravitch's blog" <http://dianeravitch.net/> wrote in
> an entry "The Word Not Mentioned in the Debate:
> Poverty" at http://bit.ly/RfuGY4:
> *****************************
>
> Another word that was not mentioned in the debate
> ate is "Ni" (or, "Nee").
>
> http://youtu.be/0e2kaQqxmQ0
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation.

How very typical is this argument from Haim!

Just to set the record straight, I provide below a (very short list of) words/phrases not mentioned (so far as I know) in the debate, but which exist, nonetheless:

"Haim": I'm 99.999...% certain this word was not mentioned in the debate - but it certainly exists, as we all do know.

"Peanut butter": (which I loathe) Was not mentioned in the debate - but it certainly exists.

"Liar": I'm pretty certain that neither president Obama nor challenger Mitt Romney mentioned this word in their debate (much as they might have wanted to say it) - but it certainly exists.

"Deluded": As I did not listen to a telecast or a replay of the debate, I'm unable to certify that this word was NOT mentioned - but it does exist whether or not it was.

There are many, many such words and phrases that weren't mentioned in the debate.

My question: SO WHAT? Is it at all relevant whether the words/phrases "ni" (or "nee"; or "Knights Templar" were mentioned or not in the debate?

It IS relevant that the word "poverty" was not mentioned - I concur with Diane Ravitch that it was relevant.
.

GSC
("Still Shoveling Away!" - with apologies if due to Barry Garelick).