Topic: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Replies: 39   Last Post: Oct 14, 2012 11:56 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?

On Oct 7, 12:11 am, "Mike Terry"
<news.dead.person.sto...@darjeeling.plus.com> wrote:
> "Curt Welch" <c...@kcwc.com> wrote in message
>

> > "Mike Delanis" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:
> > > "Graham Cooper" <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > interpreter BASIC .............  you must be 60 years old.
>
> > My first access to computers was with an interpreted basic system in the
> > early 1970's.  Odd that when I first read your comment about being 60 it
> > seemed way too high.  But them I remembered I'm 56 soon, so 60 really is
> > about right.  Odd that I don't feel anything like "60".  I think that's
> > because I started to ignore my age once I hit 50 so I still feel like I'm
> > in my 40's. :)

> The question shouldn't be "When did you *first* use interpreted basic?".  It
> should be "When might someone reasonably *last* have used it?"  I recall
> using line-numbered basic at work in the late 1980s, so 60 is way to high as
> you first thought.
>
> Mike.

A THEORY *should* have line numbers.

A Syntactic Formula Enumeration

F0001 X
F0002 X=X
F0003 E(X) X=X
F0004 A(x) X=X
F0005 X^Y
F0006 X^Y->X

A subset of which is sifted into Theoremhood!

F0001 ------- X
F0002 ------ X=X
F0003 T0001 E(X) X=X
F0004 T0002 A(X) X=X
F0005 ------- X^Y
F0006 ------- X^Y->X
F0007 T0003 A(X) X^Y->X

Herc
--
LOGIC
E(Y) Y={x|P(x)} <-> DERIVE( E(Y) Y={x|P(x)} )

MATHEMATICS
E(Y) Y={x|P(x)} <-> PRVBLE( E(Y) Y={x|P(x)} )
PRVBLE(T) <-> NOT(DERIVE(NOT(T)))

Date Subject Author
10/5/12
Read If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Frederick Williams
10/7/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Charlie-Boo
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Frederick Williams
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/7/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/8/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/9/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/11/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
camgirls@hush.com
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Richard Tobin
10/12/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
camgirls@hush.com
10/13/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
george
10/13/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Graham Cooper
10/14/12
[...]
Scott Berg
10/5/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Curt Welch
10/6/12
Read Re: If ZFC is a FORMAL THEORY ... then what is THEOREM 1 ?
Mike Terry
10/6/12