Topic: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Replies: 22   Last Post: Oct 9, 2012 6:06 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
att1.html (3.9 K)

On Oct 8, 2012, at 3:34 PM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> In this thread I have been talking about only MINIMUM standards
> imposed on all, students and teachers, and how it is plain fact that
> they have risen significantly since the 1970s, and he refuses to
> acknowledge these facts.

And to clarify, MINIMUM standards was not what this thread was about. It was about HIGHER standards and the inability of schools to implement them because it would negatively affect struggling students. Specifically, is it better for a society to teach algebra to all students at a low standard or some students at a high standard? I claim that the societal benefit of teaching algebra is in the later case. That does not mean that we should not provide a path of assistance to any student wanting to embark on this journey, but we must drop the politics and be true to what we teach, why we teach, and what we expect.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
10/5/12
Read Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Jerry P. Becker
10/6/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/6/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/7/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Robert Hansen
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Haim
10/8/12
Read Re: Exit Exams Face Pinch in Common-Core Push
Paul A. Tanner III
10/9/12
[...]
GS Chandy
10/9/12