Topic: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college

Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 1:18 AM

W. Dale Hall

Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college

MNM wrote:
> On Friday, November 9, 2012 9:36:46 AM UTC+9, CWatters wrote:
>> On 08/11/2012 07:54, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>>> As far as I know, there is no cell phone with a built in tape
>>> recorder.
>>> Now I wonder if a tape-recorder is difficult to build into a cell
>>> phone because of the magnetic tape? I am guessing the hard-drive is
>>> itself iron magnetic tape. Now I suppose a tape recorder based on
>>> light as a CD could be an alternative.
>>> But anyway, it seems as though the technology of the tape recorder has
>>> been left behind or stagnant in the past 2 decades compared to the
>>> camera, computer and telephone.
>>> Any reason for this stagnation and why no cellphone as a built in tape
>>> recorder.

>> This is a wind up right?

> With the advent of "flash memory", invented by a Japanese electrical engineer,
> there is no need for 'tape'. Please jump ahead 30 years to the now.

eh. you spoilin' alla da fun.

Date Subject Author
11/8/12
Read why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
Sam Wormley
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Helmut Wabnig
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Michael Stemper
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
HVAC
11/11/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
mark.n.mcallister
11/9/12