Topic: topology definition question
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 11:14 AM

trj

From: Korea
Registered: 2/23/12
Re: topology definition question

Hi Dan,

> If it really does come down to convention, maybe for
> me it would be best that I just give all 4 of the
> criteria rather than have to first state what
> convention I am assuming for the set operations.

Sorry, but that is not what "convention" means exactly in
mathematics. It means that you might have defined it in some
different way, but you do define it in exactly this way, because
that is what on average saves everyone the most work in trying
to express or calculate something with it.
Please just stay with the "convention" and you will be clearly
understood and you will be fine.