Topic: SCI.LOGIC is a STAGNANT CESS PITT of LOSERS!
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 7:44 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: SCI.LOGIC is a STAGNANT CESS PITT of LOSERS!

On Nov 18, 3:17 am, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 3:50 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >www.microPROLOG.com
>
> > A FORMAL SYSTEM WRITTEN PURELY IN PREDICATES!
>
> > f(0).
> > t(1).
> > t(X) :- f(f(X)).
> > wff(X) :- t(X).
> > wff(X) :- f(X).

> There is NOTHING "micro" about this!
> Prolog ALREADY EXISTS!  It's ALREADY WRITTEN!
> It ALREADY DOES THIS!

Does not!

> All YOU are doing is ADDING SOMETHING ON TOP of a system that IS
> ALREADY MUCH BIGGER than "micro"!
>
> Prolog ALREADY KNOWS what a WFF looks like!
> Prolog ALREADY HAS "," for and and ";" for or!
>
> You are not SHRINKING anything DOWN to "micro" by ADDING LONGER
> versions of what IS ALREADY there!

It's a 2 logic value language (resolution capable)
written in a 1 logic value language (successful-match / negation-as-
failure)

Just because I haven't finished it yet, i.e. you just type in a
formula and it proves it doesn't mean it's old hat.

IT HAS [FALSE] GEORGE! [NOT]

?- or ( if(1,0) , if(1,X) ).
X = 1

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SOFTWARE THAT DOES THIS IN A 4GL!

Herc