Topic: correlation function
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 5:04 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: correlation function

On 11/18/2012 4:21 PM, jure lapajne wrote:
> Why can I see the answer on my email, but not here?
> Anyway, I tried your code. I only changed data and the code does not return vector
> of zeros. Here are my data:
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pDMaS9TDltcnp2UThFYjlPTFk/edit

Becuase many times I send a post to this newsgroup and it never shows up.
This is not the first time.

[Sometimes, news servers fail to send out a message. When you see this
happen send me an email about it - moderator]

Here it is again. I am using version 8.0.4

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 04:31:35 -0600
From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica
CC: jure lapajne <lapajne.jure@gmail.com>

data = Table[RandomReal[], {10}];
parms = FourierParameters -> {1, -1};
fft = Fourier[data, parms];
res1 = Chop[fft*Conjugate[fft]];
res2 = Chop[Fourier[ListCorrelate[data, data, {1, 1}], parms]];
Chop[res1 - res2]

Out[38]= {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}

--Nasser