Topic: num2sr strange behavior
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 10:04 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: num2sr strange behavior

On 11/21/2012 7:41 AM, Amin Bashi wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I recently observed strange behavior of num2str function. As you see in below:

>>> c = [1 2; 3 4]
>
> c =
>
> 1 2
> 3 4
>

>>> double(num2str(c(1,:)))
>
> ans =
>
> 49 32 32 50
>
> Obviously it put space between 1 and 2;
> what can i do to solve this problem?

This comes from the function int2str.m

side effect of lines 42 and 52 in that file:

format = sprintf('%%%d%s', width, formatConversion);
s = strtrim(s);

using 2012a.

Are you saying this was different in different versions?
Try to num2str each item on its own, instead of a vector
to be safe

EDU>> double(num2str(c(1,1)))
49

EDU>> double(num2str(c(1,2)))