Topic: how could I specify the No. of bit that represent the No.????
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 6:08 PM

Roger Stafford

Re: how could I specify the No. of bit that represent the No.????

"luma " <luma.hamdi@ymail.com> wrote in message <k8mhff$ib7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "luma " <luma.hamdi@ymail.com> wrote in message <k8m958$ltl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > How could I specify the No.of bit that represent
> > for ex.
> > X=156.102

Luma, I don't understand what you mean when you ask "How could I specify the No. of bit that represent for ex. X=156.102". Are you asking how to convert decimal numbers into binary form? Are you asking how many bits would be required to do that? The answer to such questions would all depend on the format and accuracy in which the numbers are to be represented as well as their magnitude. Please explain your request in much, much greater detail. Show us some specific examples of what you wish to do.

Roger Stafford