Topic: Another question about Factor
Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 6:11 PM

Tang Laoya

Re: Another question about Factor

On Friday, November 23, 2012 9:35:01 AM UTC+8, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 11/22/2012 7:10 PM, Tang Laoya wrote:
>

> > k11 = 1/60 (b1^2 + c1^2 + d1^2)
>
> > k11 = HornerForm[k11]
>

> > The outputs are:
>
> > 1/60 (b1^2 + c1^2 + d1^2)
>
> > b1^2/60 + c1^2/60 + d1^2/60
>

> > respectively.
>

> > How to do to let the numbers are also been combined?
>

> In[25]:= Simplify[k11]
>
> Out[25]= 1/60 (b1^2+c1^2+d1^2)

Dear Nasser,

Thank you very much for your kindly reply. What I mean is that 'Simplify' conflicts with 'HornerForm'. I wish both variables and numbers be combined, which could lead to smallest number of floating operations.

Thanks,
Tang Laoya