Topic: How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 11:38 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?

On 11/24/2012 1:29 AM, Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have a string variable
> myString = "This is boldface. The rest is not."
> When I execute myString, I want the first sentence to appear in bold type.
>Selecting the sentence and formatting it as bold when I create the string does not work.
>StringForm will do the trick, as in
> myString = StringForm["`` The rest is not.", Style["This is boldface", Bold]]
> but, of course, the Head of myString will no longer be String. Is there any other way to do this?

Colors and Bold or not and other attributes are part of the display processes,
not the data itself.

Why not simply do:

boldString = "This is boldface.";
notBoldString = " The rest is not.";

Row[{Style[boldString, Bold], notBoldString}]