Topic: save variables
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 3:28 PM

Steven Lord

Re: save variables

"Candace " <jly5@duke.edu> wrote in message
> Is it possible to save a variable with a specific name that is
> independently created? For example, I want the variable B to be saved as
> 'TargetS_Fixations'.
> B=[1 2 3 4];
> N1='TargetS';
> N2='_Fixations';
> N3=strcat(N1,N2);
> Using the command "save N3 B" leads to variable B being saved with the
> name "N3". However, I want it to be saved with the name
> "TargetS_Fixations".

If the name of the MAT-file to which you want to save the variable is stored
in a variable itself, use the function form of SAVE not the command form.

save(N3, 'B')

See the second Example from the documentation page for SAVE for a complete

Steve Lord

Date Subject Author
Read save variables
Read Re: save variables