Topic: can't connect to yahoo for fetch
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 29, 2012 9:41 AM

Steven Lord

Re: can't connect to yahoo for fetch

"Dehydys " <dehydys.pimentel-de-lamo06@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message
> When I try to use Connect = yahoo; to get historical data I get the
> following error message:
>

>>> Connect = yahoo;
> Undefined function or variable 'yahoo'.
>
> I was just wondering what I'm missing to make it work.

The YAHOO function is part of Datafeed Toolbox and you will only be able to
use it if that toolbox is installed. You can use the output of the VER
function to determine if you have this toolbox installed.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/datafeed/yahoo.html

If you do not have it installed but want it to be, it is available for both
professional and student versions of MATLAB. Contact your license
administrator if you're using the professional version (like the version
installed on your university's network) and go to the Store section of the
MathWorks website (upper-right corner, near the search box) if you're using
the student version.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com