Topic: M8 parallel to M9 installation
Replies: 16   Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 11:33 PM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: M8 parallel to M9 installation

Depending on your situation, you _may_ wish to set the option to keep
separate preferences for different versions. To do that, open the
Preferences (on Mac -- Options on Windows, I think) and select the
System tab on the resulting window. Check the box "Create and maintain
version specific front end preferences."

On Dec 3, 2012, at 4:02 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski <akozlowski@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is no need for any such option.
>
> I have Mathematica 6,7,8 and now 9 installed on the same MacBook Pro.
> They all work without any problems at all. The only thing that I do is
> renaming - all the versions before the latest I rename to "Mathematica
> version number" (e.g Mathematica 6) and the latest version is just
> called Mathematica. That's all you need to do, at least under Mac OS X
> (I am sure the same must be true on other platforms).
>
> Andrzej Kozlowski
>

> On 2 Dec 2012, at 10:58, Reinhard Simonovits
> <Reinhard.Simonovits@uni-graz.at> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> soon I will receive a M9 copy on my Window laptop.
>>
>> A lot of code is running on M8. So I don't want to have M8 uninstalled
>> when M9 is being installed.
>>
>> I would like to have both on my machine, M8 and M9.
>>
>> Do you know if there is an option on the M9 installer menue to have M8
>> untouched?
>>
>> If not is there a work around?
>>
>> Liebe Gr=FC=DFe, Best wishes, Reinhard
>>
>> --
>> *********************************************************
>> Dr. Reinhard Simonovits
>> Handelsakademie | Karl Franzens University
>> Math Department | Inst. for Mathematics
>> Grazbachgasse 71 | Heinrichstrasse 36
>> A-8010 Graz, Austria
>>
>> Email: Reinhard.Simonovits@uni-graz.at

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305