Topic: fom - 01 - preface
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 2:30 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: fom - 01 - preface

On 12 Dez., 20:14, Alan Smaill <sma...@SPAMinf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Still no definition of multiplication of transfinite numbers
> with anything other than other ordinal or cardinal numbers.

Learn that natural numbers are integers are ordinal numbers are
cardinal numbers (at that time not yet existing, in letters appearing
not before 1886, in papers not before 1892*) are rational numbers are
real numbers are complex numbers are vectors are matrices are tensors.

Your objection is absolutely silly. You could analogously accuse me of
discussion with Alan Smail but not discussing with human or not
discussing with an intelligent being.

Im an interested in your reaction which probably will clarify the last
point.

Regards, WM

(*) There is a letter from Cantor to Curd Lasswitz of 1884 mentioning
Kardinalzahl sveral times. But it has turned to be a fake by Zermelo