Topic: Compile (.m) files to a build-in function
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 11:59 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Compile (.m) files to a build-in function

"Ricardo " <venanciopereira@live.com.pt> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply Steven
>
> Each time that the Matlab execute a "no build-in" function needs to
> compile and optimize their code.

Sort of. I don't really want to get into too many details, though.

> My question relates mainly because I want to use the ?Eval? function to
> execute code with loops too large. The ?Eval? function does not optimize
> the code and its performance drops exponentially. It would be interesting
> if there were some form of pre-build the code and then call this code
> through the ?Eval? function.

The solution is to write your code so that it does NOT use EVAL. There may
be very specific advanced maneuvers that require EVAL, but it should be your
LAST resort.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com