The Math Forum

Topic: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Replies: 118   Last Post: Dec 17, 2012 8:49 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.

On Dec 16, 2:56 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:

> You have claimed it, but never established it, and cannot do so until
> you can DISPROVE the theorem that sets that the cardinality of any set
> is less than that of its power set.

Alternatively, he could be proving that the elements of the reals are
sensitive to their order, they're ordering-sensitive.

For example that could include the consideration of the continuum of
reals as at once complete ordered field and ring of iota-values.
That's not inaccessible to anyone who's ever even wondered why .999...
equals 1, or not. That includes, for example, Newton and Leibniz,
inventors of the integral calculus, where Leibniz' intuitive notation
for summation is ubiquitous.

In a set theory with a universal set, it's its own powerset. In a
theory with a Universe: as a set, it's its own powerset, that is an
empirical rationale, that the mathematics founding it are so.

Skolemize, N^G contains no elements not in N, consider Hausdorff's
apocryphal uncountable countable union of countables.

In ZF, with N as ordinals, in consideration of Cantor's set-theoretic
powerset result: with f(x) = x+1, S = {}, with f(x) = x, S = N.

With f(x) = x+1, there are no elements in S, where empty is an
ordinal. For some, the direct sum of infinitely many copies of N is
empty.

For the empty set as ordinal, or lack thereof, with f(x) = x+1, S =
{}, with f(x)=x, S={}.

In ZF the empty set is defined as a subset of any/every set. But, it
has no elements: it's not defined by its no elements. It's defined
as a constant, along with the other constant so defined, an inductive
set or N. So there are no derived elements of ZF in S, not in the
range of f(n).

As ordinals, powerset is successor (for its elements) is order type.
Per Katz, proper subsets are demonstrably smaller than their sets.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/682e6b2aa0c7a0ea?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/9185fa16d50afd0b?hl=en
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/26b4b74530aeed18?hl=en

Then, where that the universe would be its own powerset is strong
enough rationale to consider the case, the consideration of theories
extra ZF, with regards to the defined or ur-elements of ZF, gets then
to that it is just the one element, for all.

And, that has a strong foundation in the technical, in the
philosophy: Leibniz' monad, Kant's Ding-an-Sich, Hegel's and
Heidegger's Being/Nothing: Janus' introspection, the dialetheic and
paraconsistent ur-element of the null axiom theory.

Universe: own powerset.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson

Date Subject Author
12/14/12
Read The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/14/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/14/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
William Elliot
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Rupert
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
trj
12/15/12
[...]
12/16/12
[...]
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
[...]
netzweltler
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Zaljohar@gmail.com
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Tanu R.
12/15/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
namducnguyen
12/15/12
[...]
fom
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
m. m. m.
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Virgil
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Rupert
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/16/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Rupert
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/17/12
Read Re: The uncountability infinite binary tree.
Roland Franzius
12/17/12