Topic: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Replies: 90   Last Post: Dec 27, 2012 1:36 PM

kirby urner

Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
att1.html (5.1 K)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:53 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If said nasty little perps ever come back to the park with their piece
> again, a bullet through the head would be merciful compared to what Goofy
> will do.
>

> Wow, I am impressed. Tell us what would happen to an actual violent
> criminal? Drawn and quartered?
>
> Bob

Did you read the fine print? That was cartoon violence, in response to an
actual perp (perpe-traitor, pervert) bringing a gun on campus. Such people
are akin to vandals, defacers, people who pee in the swimming pool when
they think no one is looking, or poo.

Given the security cams and surveillance tapes, those fondling their guns
or otherwise stroking them in Magic Kingdom back alleys, on rides, are
likely to be spotted, at which point they may need to be tailed.

Having a gross need to take your gun everywhere is a mental handicap and as
we all know the state tends to bend over backwards to accommodate the
handicapped. I have a family member currently on oxygen, paid for by
Medicare, and the airlines are stretching to accommodate, by allowing a
portable oxygen concentrator, not a compressed air tank, in the airline
cabin. I respect the airlines for their service and I'm sorry the whole
industry is now less fun thanks to individuals of a fallen / sinful nature
(e.g. the late Osama and his pervs -- not martyrs at all when they prey on
the innocent).

The ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) might be amended to assist those
with this mental condition of needing to carry / fondle / carry a gun, when
it comes to accessing some restaurants and public restrooms (e.g. at
airports). I can see where our charity towards those with either
congenital or acquired disabilities may need special protection and
assistance.

However, there's no public mandate to make the peak of Mt. Everest
wheelchair accessible, nor should Disneyland feel obligated to go way out
of its way to accommodate those with uncontrollable flatulence. Special
lines, special rides... that's going too far. I think you smell the
analogy. Gun toters should respect the rights of others for a change.

Regarding violent criminals, I think the park's enforcement of the code of
conduct should default to Anaheim or whatever surrounding jurisdiction,
where state or county laws are clearly being broken. Disneyland pays taxes
and gets law enforcement services in return. It doesn't need to reinvent
all the wheels.

On the other hand, if a person with a violent criminal past (such as in the
military, perhaps dishonorably discharged because AWOL) wishes to visit the
park and behave like a model citizen, then what's the problem? Background
checks are not necessary although if the state wishes to place retinal
scanners or other biometric devices at the park perimeter, like they do in
Palestine, this might be negotiated. Shared databases are not out of the
question.

People that Disney labels as perps might be persons of interest outside the
park as well.

Again, I am not an employee of Disney and these are just my thoughts as
another park-goer. I would like to have family theme parks accessible to
me that are not being vandalized by low life North Americans with creepy
mental problems. They're accommodated by public law and Constitution in
many necks of the woods, so why not have some respect for the rest of us,
who just want some respite from the ambient culture of violence and idiocy,
not to mention mediocrity and inferior mathematics teaching.

I'm not against guns in their right time and place. Although it sounds
like a contradiction, Quakers are not prohibited from training with
firearms. I just don't see that private property owners need to let gun
owners riddle private property law with all kinds of special rights and
exemptions for gun toters. Check your gun at the door and praise Allah you
have the right to carry it in a more public space. Don't push your
subcultural / ethnic values on those who respect your public rights. If
the sign on the door says "no guns allowed" then you really need to think
twice before you make a stink about it or violate the rights of your host,
if you're considered a guest in any way (including a paying one).

Kirby

Date Subject Author
12/16/12
Read Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Wayne Bishop
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Jeff Bishop
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Greg Goodknight
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Wayne Bishop
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Gary Tupper
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Jeff Bishop
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/16/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Louis Talman
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Gary Tupper
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
casestudy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Michael Paul Goldenberg
12/17/12
[...]
Paul A. Tanner III
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/17/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/18/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Greg Goodknight
12/19/12
[...]
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/20/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/21/12
[...]
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Gary Tupper
12/22/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/24/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Robert Hansen
12/25/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
Paul A. Tanner III
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/23/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
Haim
12/24/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/25/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social engineering'?
kirby urner
12/26/12
Read Re: Would effective gun control laws be 'unacceptable social
engineering'?
GS Chandy
12/27/12