Topic: Convert 2d matrix into several 1 D array
Replies: 5   Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 12:11 AM

dpb

Re: Convert 2d matrix into several 1 D array

On 12/24/2012 12:55 PM, Amith wrote:
> Can anyone please help me with the following :
>
> a=[1 2 3; 4 5 6; 7 8 9]
>
> i want to change it into b1=[1 2 3]
> b2=[4 5 6]
> b3=[7 8 9]

> The issue is i am not having b1, b2 and b3 (seperate arrays) but only 1 b3.
>
> i want matlab to understand that i need 3 seperate arrays .

Generally that is a bad idea. For background on why and ways to
accomplish the same thing w/o 'poofing' variables into the ML workspace
search for 'Alternatives to the eval function' in the documentation.