Topic: Simple random number generator?
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 10:52 AM

Virgil

Re: Simple random number generator?

In article <r2bkd85ld4bhfah8oq709ctsrnt6gukvmo@4ax.com>,
Wally W. <ww84wa@aim.com> wrote:

> If radioactive decay is random, how are we able to govern the rate of
> decay in a reactor?
>
> We are not similarly able to affect the outcome when flipping 1000
> coins simultaneously and nondeterministically.

I dare say we could affect the outcome of those coin flippings
statistically, changing the ratio of head to tails a bit for instance,
by suitably controlling the flipping mechanism.