Topic: Free and Fair Speech in the science newsgroups BOOK: Free & Fair
Speech/ Free and Fair Trade #7

Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 26, 2012 5:07 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Re: Free and Fair Speech in the science newsgroups BOOK: Free & Fair
Speech/ Free and Fair Trade #7

On Dec 25, 5:14 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now if you look at sci.physics or sci.math or sci.chem or
> sci.physics.electromag, not a single post of Archimedes Plutonium
> survives more than a few hours on the board if you use a mobile device
> such as a iphone. I saw only one post of mine survive, and only
> because some others responded and the censors hated to delete those
>
> So Google mobile is the ultimate in No Free Speech, and on par with
> Chinese suppression. So Google learned well from the Chinese.
>
> We have Google in three broad categories:
>
> Old Google Newsgroups which has 100% freedom and no moderation. All my
> posts get through.
>
> Computer Google New Newsgroups which is some freedom but with light
> moderation in sci.math and heavy moderation in other newsgroups. Many
> of my posts get through, however the archiving is destroyed and have
> to rely on MathForum to archive.
>
> Mobile Google New Newsgroups and this is where you have 100% hard core
> censorship. No-one would know that Archimedes Plutonium ever existed
> and posted because my posts survive only an hour or so. And if the
> person only reads from mobile devices, that person would not
> understand the Wikipedia entry of Archimedes Plutonium for they would
> not see any posts to the sci newsgroups.
>
> Now what makes the situation worse, is that the mobile devices cannot
> switch to the Old Google Newsgroups, but stuck with the 100% censored
> format.

My mistake, there is a tiny button at the bottom of the page that says
"desktop". If you press "desktop" one can saunter over into Old Google
Newsgroups.

Now just yesterday was another gun attack incident reported in New
York state where firemen were called to a blazing fire that was
actually a trap wherein two firefighters were killed by a crazed
gunman using those assault rifles used in the Connecticut elementary
school where 20 toddlers and 6 adults were murdered.

So here again we see that limitations on freedoms, or quotas on
freedoms makes freedom as fair freedom rather than unfair freedom.

When you bridle Usenet to 5 posts per person per 24 hours and demand
true genuine names of authors, you end up with a clean and fair sci.
newsgroups. If you put a quota on guns that every person can have just
3 guns and ban assault weapons and ban large bullet clips, then you
make it fair on everyone. And demand background checks with real
names, not fake names.

What I am trying to convey in speech, in gun laws, in trade of
economics, that you have freedoms, but if the freedom is not fair, and
lopsided then it ruins the freedom. So fairness and freedom go
together and if you allow freedom to be unbounded, usually means you
destroy and ruin the lives and pursuits of others while you hog that
freedom. Freedom must be bridled with fairness and vice versa.

> Now I have mentioned a better solution than the Google New Newsgroups.
>
> What plagues Usenet is two things:
>
> 1) volume, too much crap from some individuals
> 2) off topic, too much off topic to incurable posters who love to post
> off topic to make others angry
>
> Now Google and others recognize those are the two main faults of
> Usenet. Yet Google has chosen the avenue of hiring unpaid moderators
> to address 1 and 2.
>
> I offer a better solution that gets to the heart of 1, and 2.
>
> If we permit every person in the world only 5 posts per 24 hours and
> if we permit only persons posting with a verifiable legitimate name
> then both 1 and 2 will instantly disappear.
>
> Now Google can have a handle on whether a name is a fake or real,
> because of the case of AdamK in sci.math who is banned by Google and
> Google recognizes when he tries to post with a creepy fake name to
> circumvent Google.
>
> And as for the 5 posts per 24 hours is a easy programming for Google.
>
> So why hire and waste the time of light moderators? Why not just
> program 5 posts per 24 hours and program legitimate names of authors
> on posts and then the sci. newsgroups would be fixed and it would be
> free and fair.

Google's New-Newsgroups censors AP posts, especially the mobile
phones such as iphone deleted all of AP's post,  and halted a proper
archiving of AP, but Drexel's Math Forum does not censor and my posts
in sequential archive form is seen here:

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium