Topic: Array of array
Replies: 14   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Array of array

"CHINEDU" wrote in message <kbdmhi$53h$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi friends,
> Please kindly assist me with an answer to this question:
>
> Is it possible to create a Matlab array whose elements are in turn 3 element arrays?
> I mean, how can I create an array as A = {(1,2,2), (3,2,1), (5,3,4), etc}. If possible, how do I access the elements of this array. If not, could this be possible in Fortran?

If yours subarrays have the same size, e..g, (1x3) in the example you provide, then use standard array to store them as Nasser suggests. Avoid using CELL when you don't need it. It will be slow to access to elements and it will be hard to vectorize the code.

Bruno