Topic: CHANGING THE DIAGONAL!
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 4:14 AM

Virgil

Re: CHANGING THE DIAGONAL!

In article
<09a99f16-23d9-4b01-96a8-6a277814f937@oi3g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
Graham Cooper <grahamcooper7@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 3:18 pm, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <9533c4f1-686c-45be-8ef8-f7f4d3a9e...@ui9g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Right!  but since it has no free variable input to apply it's safe to
> > > extrapolate results toward infinity.

> > > dependent on the input.
> >
> > As a function of the input certainly, but one theat function is defined
> > the process is essentially completed.
> >

> > > In this case, you cannot ANTI-DIAGONALISE an infinite set.
> >
> > > Every digit you change is substitutable by another digit in another
> > > permutation.

> > I have defined a function which does it automatically for any and every
> > list of endless sequences of decimal digits, giving a resulting sequence
> > not listed in that list.
> >

> It has a parameter that only works given LIST format.
>
> It doesn't prove a SET of reals is in-complete.

The set of all reals is not complete, but it also cannot be listed.

> Here is the SET of all reals.
>
> UTM( real , digit ) [mod 10]
>

> that is a complete specification of the set.
>
> However, there are infinitely many permutations, due to there being
> infinitely many universal turing machines in infinitely many different
> languages.
>
> Since your process has a free variable, the never ending cross-
> sequence you compute is dependent on your own selected free variable,
> the permutation you must select for listable format for your process
> to work.
>
> IF you got out of your corner and examined the other methods put forth
> you would see this.
>
> IS 0. T(2,1) T(1,2) T(3,3) T(4,4) ...
>
> absent from L?
>
> T is the list of all reals with the digit changing function applied to
> all digits of every real.

You are assuming that there can be a list of all real as a step in
trying to prove that there can be such a list.
Such argiuments, being circular, are invalid.

> If you cannot address the posts in the group you should stop yourself
> from arguing against them.

I am well able to spot you flaws.