Topic: Regents exam names
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jan 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Dianne Gizowski

RE: Regents exam names
att1.html (10.7 K)

This is directly from the nysed.gov webpage about the high school courses:
Will New York State be adopting the Traditional Pathway or the Integrated Pathway for Commencement level courses aligned to the NYS P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics ?

At its January 2011 meeting, the Board of Regents approved the Traditional Course Pathway for High School Mathematics Courses. The New York State Education Department has decided to use Appendix A at NYS P-12 Common Core Learning Standards <http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/> for districts to design high school mathematics courses (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II) based on the P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics. The first administration of the Regents Examination in Algebra I will be in June 2014. The first administration of the Regents Examination in Geometry will be in June 2014. The first administration of the Regents Examination in Algebra II will be in June 2015. For further information on the timeline, please visit Common Core Learning Standards Timeline <http://engageny.org/resource/common-core-implementation-timeline/>
Last Updated: July 20, 2012

Although, it seems like someone on here was stating that they had heard of some caveats with this (maybe at AMTNYS?), but that might have only been in reference to the +s and *s in the document. I can?t quite remember. When we go for training in Albany, they have not talked about the specifics with regard to high school yet.

Dianne M. Gizowski
DCMO BOCES
gizowskd@dcmoboces.com<mailto:gizowskd@dcmoboces.com>
(607) 335-1350

From: Dianne Gizowski <GizowskD@dcmoboces.com<mailto:GizowskD@dcmoboces.com>>
To: "'nyshsmath@mathforum.org'" <nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:nyshsmath@mathforum.org>>
Date: 01/04/2013 08:27 AM
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org<mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org>

You are correct Evan, the Algebra and Geometry exams both change next year (13-14). I haven?t heard anything about the names of them.

Dianne