Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

forbisgaryg@gmail.com

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:29:36 PM UTC-8, JT wrote:
> Numb and mindless, no it does not compare the numbers have weight and
> are placed in the binary tree depending on weight, i do not compare it
> with other values in tree. Can you understand or do you need a
> translator into stupidness?

So, how do you place them in a binary tree depending upon weight
without comparison? Do you not understand the binary insertion sort?

I don't feel like reading your java. I don't know why you consider
only numbers between 0 and 255. Do you think all items to be sorted
fall into this category? Then you just use the number to be sorted
and increment it. I don't speak java. Can't you do countval[dval[i]]++
in java?

We used to use hashing algorithms to access bank accounts. Speed was
important. We create a hash from the account number and read that
secotor of disk and verified the account number. If two numbers hashed
to the same sector and linked list was made into the overflow sectors.
Once we got too many hits we just changed the hash. Sure there was
lots of empty space and this was expensive but then so was time. Machines
weren't as fast as they are now and we couldn't afford core memory. The
trade off was more disk memory and unused sectors. Now we use binary
indicies compressed on disk. Even though disk is very cheap the speed
to uncompress in memory is less than reading extra secotors of disk.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13