Topic: Error while evaluating TimerFcn for timer /Invalid or deleted object.
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 6, 2013 5:58 PM

Nima Nikvand

Re: Error while evaluating TimerFcn for timer /Invalid or deleted object.

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kcbf72$nm9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> It is completely wasteful of calling pause in Timer callback function. Remove it and increase the period of the timer.
>
> The timer can be killed while the callback is working. You should use try/catch to prevent the handle becomes incorrect (GUI deleted).
>
> Bruno

Hello Bruno, Thanks for your comment. The pause is added to the timer function so that the display blinks. As far as the error is concerned, it somehow miraculously disappeared after a few trials. I am still wondering what caused this error.