Topic: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 10:21 PM

JT

Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.

On 7 Jan, 03:56, forbisga...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:18:16 PM UTC-8, JT wrote:

> > > What weight would you assign to the word "irrational"?  If you
>
> > > assign it to the same weight as "irrationals" then how do you
>
> > > differentiate between the two words?  If the index is in the
>
> > > range 256^11 so that each word up to 11 characters is assigned
>
> > > a unique weight then your output loop is going to take some time
>
> > > and will be quite uproductive for a page of text or even some
>
> > > 2000 words.
>
> > I've just told you that the pointer implementation of countsort do not
>
> > need to allocate memory, and that it is recursive working and run each
>
> > digit length in their bransch. That should be enough to implement it.
>
> But your code is:
>
>  valdist="";
>  for (j=0;j<256;j++){
>    temp2=countval[j]
>    for (k=0;k<temp2;k++){
>     valdist=valdist+j+",";
>    }
>
> Where does that 256 come in?  You're reporting out by
> spinning through all of the indicies even those with
> no instances.  A sparse table would waste time spinning
> through the entries, reporting nothing.  While there are
> associative memories that will handle arbitrary indicies
> they are quite expensive and don't really help you in the
> way you might think.

No a dynamic alloc memory pointer solution using a binary tree will
not have any empty indeces.
I will not show you howto implement the recursive algorithm with digit
branches, because if you cannot code it you simply not worthy. I did
already implement it in -97 so it has been around for a while, but it
is hardly public knowledge outside certain inteligence bureaus. You
may think i am joking and i am, the joke is on you.

Date Subject Author
1/5/13
Read Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
David Bernier
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
Scott Berg
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/6/13
[...]
1/7/13
[...]
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
kiru.sengal@gmail.com
1/8/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
1/5/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
JT
1/6/13
Read Re: Just finished the fastest ever, general purpose sorting algorithm.
UpChunky
1/6/13