Topic: The Great Purge of Literature
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 9, 2013 10:46 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: The Great Purge of Literature

Further my post dated Jan 7, 2013 10:50 AM, I need to amend it as follows:
> Responding to Haim's post dated Jan 5, 2013 10:19 AM
> (pasted below my signature, as ready reference):
>
> December 16/17, 2012, there was a horrific gang-rape
> and assault by 5 monsters on a girl and her friend
> who had boarded a bus to get home after taking in an
> evening movie.

There were actually SIX monsters involved in that gang-rape, not 5 as mistakenly stated earlier. One of them is said to be a 'juvenile', aged just above 17 but below 18 - so he will not be tried as an adult: maximum 'punishment' for him would be confinement in a juvenile home (not a jail) for up to 3 years.

It is expected that the 5 adults involved would be awarded the death sentence: the rape victim later died, so the charges framed are: ...all the rest + murder.

The prosecution has indicated that it will be seeking a death sentence, as this case they say falls into the category of "rarest of the rare" for which death is recommended.

It's almost a foregone conclusion that the punishment decreed will be execution by hanging to death - there will be an uncontainable public uproar if any lesser punishment is awarded.

Meanwhile, just yesterday, the body of a 22-year old girl was found in some Delhi location - she had been raped and murdered. Two men have been arrested and the police are hunting for a third suspect: they suddenly are being remarkably conscientious now (after having refused to take the parents seriously when they approached the police as the girl had not returned home after work).

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy