Topic: Looped inset plot
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 5:23 PM

dpb

Re: Looped inset plot

On 1/16/2013 1:01 PM, dpb wrote:

> Play around w/ the following at some point when you've got some data...
>

> >> figure
> >> h1=axes; % create a main axes object
> >> plot(h1,x,y,'*') % plot into it
> >> h2=axes('pos',[.55 .25 .30 .50]); % now an inset set of axes
> >> boxplot(h2,y) % and the boxplot therein...

> Now, each loop thru, pick the proper set of axes.

Oh, meant to add--search the documentation section on 'Enhanced
Plotting' or similar section title for animation of plots techniques.
You'll be able to avoid the flicker of the update and speed it up as
well by simply replacing the dataset in the plot() and I presume you can
also do similar inside boxplot altho I've not done any handle-diving
there to determine what that entails with it.