Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 18, 2013 9:58 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: [math-learn] middle school math problems
att1.html (12.7 K)

I am confused.

Regarding your first statement, that students are mostly not competent in mathematics, why did you have to do a study? All of the standardized tests already show this. TIMSS shows this. PERLS shows this. NCLB shows this. AP shows this.

Regarding your second statement, that these non competent students routinely pass tests, that is in direct contradiction to the statement above.

We can go to any public source of the tests I listed above and see that the students are not passing.

Bob Hansen