Topic: Insert row in an array and delete last row
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 2:38 AM

Michael Doukas

Re: Insert row in an array and delete last row

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kdh3ek$g4s$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> That's likely going to be highly costly in terms of temporaries if
> you're doing this often to do that, specifically. Instead of moving L,
> just create N as
>
> N=[R; L(1:end-1,:)]; clear L
>
> In place you can try
>
> L=circshift(L,1); L(1,:)=R;
>
> or permutations of the above idea but I suspect they'll be slower than
> the previous although you can test it out...
>
> --

Thanks for the reply.
By R you symbolize the newly created row vector i suppose.

Moreover, in case i wanted to perform a check on whether this row vector already exists in the matrix, how should i implement it?
I have tried the ismember function but it does not fit my problem.