Topic: The Hacker Group Anonymous
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 26, 2013 7:53 PM

Immortalist

Re: The Hacker Group Anonymous

On Jan 26, 1:46 pm, Kevin <barry196...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So some dude was caught hacking and he committed suicide because he
> was facing something close to life in prison... The concern that I
> have is that hackers may not have an objective view of what they are
> up against... I am not in favor of encouraging them to engage in a war
> of futility... If you really want to hack the web, I would suggest
> that your first priority is to sanction a significant chunk of the
> power grid... The point is not to undermine the integrity of the power
> grid but if you control some aspect of the power grid then the power
> grid may engage quid pro quo to help you achieve your objectives
> against the government.

I remember when hackers came out in the college towns. They gave us
phone numbers and we gave them food and other simple stolen goods.
They taught us to sew pockets in our coats, learn blind spots since
cams were just coming out, and steal like kleptomaniacs all for the
cause. They claimed that it weren't stealing but informing. The cause
of bettering the system and revealing the weaknesses in security on
computers and in the real world. This is only my recollection so it
dont represent the goals of hackers then or now but it took me years
to stop theiving simple survival goods in me early 20s.