Topic: Matheology § 201
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology S 201

In article
<a4ae5a00-11ff-485b-a8ff-473ee82b6ff1@v7g2000yqv.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 27 Jan., 17:56, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
> > William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> writes:

> > > It does imply that there is a diagonal that differs
> > > from each line.   We start by noting that if a list L has a finite
> > > definition, so does the antidiagonal of L, call it l.  By induction we
> > > show that l differs from each line of L.

> > Frankly, it seems to me that induction is utterly unnecessary.
> >
> > Once we define the anti-diagonal, it is a triviality to show that it
> > differs from each line of L.
> >
> > A minor point, perhaps.

> It the list is complete with respect to all terminating decimals, what
> is possible, then the anti-diagonal cannot differ from all lines at
> finite places.

WM may be able to command like that what is allowable inside
Wolkenmuekenheim, but not outside of it, and most math is clearly
outside of it.
--

Date Subject Author
1/27/13