Topic: Matheology § 201
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 2:26 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 201

On 28 Jan., 09:58, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Either
>
>    i and ii. cannot be true at the same time.
>    i. true implies ii. false
>
>    or
>
>    It is not know that  i. and ii. cannot be
>    true at the same time
>
>    i. true does not imply ii. false
>
> Are you claiming that it is not known that i.
> and ii. cannot be true at the same time

For every n: P(n) = there are many m>n following upon n.
If there ar all n existing, and for every n, P(n) can only be true or
false, then we have:
There is no n such that ~P(n) = no m>n is following upon n.
But then we can conclude for all n, P(n) there are many m > n
following upon all n.
And that is wrong.

Regards, WM

But if not all n are existing, then we cannot stae P(n) for all n.

Date Subject Author
1/27/13
Read Matheology § 201
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de