Topic: msopen command using variable for file name
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 11:23 AM

Steven Lord

Re: msopen command using variable for file name

"Mark " <mmesarch1@unl.edu> wrote in message
> HI,
> I don't seem to be getting the syntax right for using the msopen function
> to have a Word file open. It works fine if I specifically define the
> filename, but I want to use a variable that I am creating.
>
> Here is the code:
> docfilename = char(strcat(fnpheader(7,2),fnpheader(7,3)));
> msopen docfilename;

Note this is equivalent to:

msopen('docfilename') % Open the file whose name is the string "docfilename"

NOT:

msopen(docfilename) % Open the file whose name is contained in the variable
named docfilename

> An example of resulting docfilename is
> \\snr14\g1$\Calibration\PyranometerCalibrarion\Information\Instrument
> Calibration Analysis using MATLAB v1.docx
>
> This looks like it should work. I have tried
> msopen(docfilename); also.
>
> I get an error message that
> Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object.
>
> Error in msopen (line 31)
> file=files{i};
>
> Any ideas? THanks

Contact the author of the msopen file and ask for their help debugging and
fixing this problem?

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/4562-msopen/content/msopen.m

Or, if you have Microsoft Office installed on your machine and associated
with the appropriate file extensions, just use the WINOPEN function.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com