Topic: Writing to excel cells
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 12:47 PM

Leyo Joseph

Re: Writing to excel cells

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kee1ed$q0j$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 1/31/2013 6:15 AM, Leyo Joseph wrote:
> > I am looking for a method to write data to various cells of Excel sheet
> > using a for loop.
> > for example ==>
> > data =[1 2 3 4 5];
> > xlswrite('F:\Test Data\example.xlsx',menu,'data','a2');
> > above writes contents of "data" to cell a2.
> > Is there a way to wirite contents of data to various cells using a for
> > loop.
> > Like data(1) to cell(1,1) of excel.
> > data(2) to cells(1,3)
> > data(3) to cells(1,5)....

> Use num2str() or sprintf() etc. create a dynamic cell address...
>
> fn=fullfile('F:','Test Data', 'example.xlsx');
> for i=1:length(data)
> c=['a' num2str(2*i-1)];
> xlswrite(fn,'data',c);
> end
>
> Obviously you can create more generic cell addresses by using character
> variables for columns as well...
>
> --Hello,

Thanks. It is working fine. See my code below==>
data =[1 2 3 4 5];
%xlswrite('F:\Test Data\example.xlsx',data,'meas','a2');
for i=1:length(data)
c=['a' num2str(2*i-1)];
xlswrite('F:\Test Data\example.xlsx',data(i),'meas',c);
end

Now I want to try this to write to various column.
Like data(1) to A5,
data(2) to B5
data(3) to C5
As you mentioned above, it is possible to do this. If you don't mind, please give me a simple example.