Topic: filling plot symbols with a gradient?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 4:06 PM

dpb

Re: filling plot symbols with a gradient?

On 1/31/2013 12:33 PM, Peter Mao wrote:
> is it possible to fill plot symbols with a gradient in the color,
> instead of a flat color?
>
> For a presentation, I'd like to put on my plots a circle representing a
> 3-sigma error with the color going from black to white with the grey
> level correlated to the gaussian amplitude as a function of radius.
>
> my fallback is to just show the 1 and 3 sigma contours

You'd have to draw the individual markers unless the error is constant
as there's only a single marker object for the line. There are the
'Marker[Face|Edge]Color' properties; whether it accepts the range of
options a patch object in general does I've not investigated specifically.

It's certainly doable as a standalone addition to the plot of course if
you're willing to work on it some...