Topic: My amateurview of math.
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 2:56 AM

JT

Re: My amateurview of math.

On 1 Feb, 09:59, "christian.bau" <christian....@cbau.wanadoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Go to your bathroom.
> Count how many elephants there are.
> How many? The answer is zero.
>
> If you watch an elephant leaving your bathroom, how many elephants are
> in the bathroom then?
> There were none, then one left, so now there are minus one elephants
> in your bathroom.

If there is zero elephants i hardly need to count it or them.
Well if you show me the negative elephant i will count it.

But rather say i have 1 dollar in wallet, and you steal it and i am
simply out of money but there isn't minus 1 dollar in wallet. But you
do owe me 1 dollar and i have a claim upon you.
And that is do not dream up things that aren't countable.