Topic: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Replies: 28   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 11:57 PM

JT

Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases

On 1 Feb, 06:31, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry it was late night my head was not clear i try again.
>
> How is fraction 1/3 expressed in base 3, of course in base 10 it do
> have unfinished decimalexpansion.
> But has it really in base 3???
>
> And this is where number zero gets interesting, because when you use
> zero number 3 is expressed 10 in base 3 right?
>
> But in a number system without 0 it should *undoubtly* be expressed a
> single 3.
>
> And number 6 be 13 number 9 be 23 do you people agree?
> From this (may) also follow that 1/3 in such a number system would be
> expressed .1 do you people agree?
> And 0.999... would be expressed as 0.3 or.......?
>
> I could easily adjust my base changer to this, and in this zeroless
> number system 3+1/3 would be expressed 3,1
> 6+1/3 would be expressed 2,1

I have no idea how this happens of course it should be 13,1 the
details just slips my mind.

> Now can you people see any benefits from my new bases without 0. It
> seem that unfinished decimal expansion vanish in certain bases or?
>
> How does this basesystem make you feel angry, annoying or just
> uninteresting?
>
> Is there something deep profound to all this, if i just could
> remember
> what. I think it has something todo with factoring.
>
> For now i just wants commenting upon the proposed new bases without
> zeros good or bad, advantages disadvantages?
>
> Would you like me make a version of my base changer where 1/3 do not
> have unfinished decimal expansion and all bases expressed without
> zeroes?

Date Subject Author
2/1/13
Read 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
forbisgaryg@gmail.com
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/2/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/1/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Frederick Williams
[...]
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
JT
2/3/13
Read Re: 1/3 partitioned expansion in different bases
Virgil
2/3/13