Topic: why silver does not superconduct near 0 Kelvin #1193 New Physics
#1313 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 5:32 PM

herbert glazier

Re: why silver does not superconduct near 0 Kelvin #1193 New Physics
#1313 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

On Jan 31, 4:25 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright, the true theory of superconductivity must be able to tie
> together why silver is the highest normal conductor, yet when the
> temperature is lowered, that silver never goes into superconduction.
> So if the Malus law theory of superconductivity is true, it must
> explain silver.
>
> So I have been investigating this property of silver and find out that
> silver is the world's best reflector of the elements as well as being
> the world's best normal conductor. And to be polarized, reflection is
> a means of polarization. So those facts support the Malus law theory
> of superconductivity. But does it explain why the lowering of
> temperature to approaching 0 Kelvin, that silver never reaches
> superconduction?
>
> Well, I need to investigate something called the polarizing angle or
> Brewster angle. Since superconductivity is where the angle in the
> Malus law is 0 degrees allowing all the photons to pass through, that
> the trouble with silver and copper and gold, all good reflectors, is
> that they are competing with a Brewster angle that eliminates them
> from reaching the 0 degree angle in Malus law.
>
> But there may well be a more practical answer, having to do with data
> of silver as the temperature is lowered to near 0 Kelvin. It maybe the
> case that as the temperature is lowered that silver is very near the
> state of superconduction but not at superconductivity. Say about 98%
> of superconductivity and that unlike other superconductors, silver is
> able to hold more of a current in amperage than even the
> superconductors. So that silver at 4 degrees Kelvin although not
> superconductive is able to hold a amperage current at 98%
> superconductive compared to mercury at 4 degrees which is
> superconductive but limited ability to hold a large current amperage.
> Again, this would be a case of the poor and shoddy research and
> reporting in physics superconduction.
> --
>
> Google's archives are top-heavy in hate-spew from search-engine-
> bombing. Only Drexel's Math Forum has done a excellent, simple and
> fair archiving of AP posts for the past 15 years as seen here:
>
> http://mathforum.org/kb/profile.jspa?userID=499986
>
> Archimedes Plutoniumhttp://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
> where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Swiss in 1986 came up with superconducting at around 30K,and later at
90K. Liquid nitrogen is 77K. I'm sure at Cern they are big with
superconducting. Good for levitation trains.. Keep in mind liquid
nitrogen is cheaper than milk. TreBert