Topic: My amateurview of math.
Replies: 27   Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 2:56 AM

JT

Re: My amateurview of math.

On 1 Feb, 14:53, harry_potte...@walla.co.il wrote:
> On Friday, February 1, 2013 10:51:38 AM UTC+2, JT wrote:
> > On 1 Feb, 07:29, "fasnsto" <inva...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > > "JT" <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > naturals <=> nature
>
> > > and they are wisely discrete when talking about other types of numbers

> > > zero is a natural number in the set of nonnegitive integers
>
> > > zero is even
>
> > No it is not, zero is not even a number i can write in anybase without
>
> > using zero.

> > > trivial, simply think what 1 / 0 means.
>
> > Hardly meaning full it does not mean anything, not even in a base
>
> > using zeros, and in any without it would just be waste of time having
>
> > unnecessary unfinished decimal expansions.

> > > tell me more......
>
> > Fractions in the sense expressed in bases like decimal or what ever
>
> > other is partitioned to make sense, of course 1/x can describe all
>
> > finite fractions and is baseless.

> > > that infinity or this infinity,  or 100 times infinity ?
>
> > No infinity is just void like zero it is not a mathematical entity, a
>
> > limit is a finite number.

> > > isn't all math non-physical ?
>
> > No single discrete natural math entities do indeed have comparable
>
> > magnitudes. The numberline though is dreamed up, and along with it
>
> > came the zero. In a set of 5 single discrete naturals there is no
>
> > first unless you order them and when you do you will notice there is
>
> > no zero in the set. A set can have one member, if it have no member it
>
> > isn't a set outside Merry Poppins math.

> > > but 3 + 4 = 7     so  how do you handle that?
>
> > There is nothing to handle that is two sets one with three members and
>
> > one with four members and if you add the them you get a set with 7
>
> > members.
>
> > This is all very simple say you have 3 buckets with 1,2,4 balls you
>
> > throw you pore the 2 over to bucket with four now you have two sets
>
> > one with 6  and one with 1 ball, now you may wonder what you should do
>
> > with the empty bucket you can put it on head and look funny. But there
>
> > is not mathematical use for it and the same goes for the empty set.
>
> Son, I only have one advice for you:
>
> (1) If you're a kid in or up to high school level: continue to ask things, to doubt things, to rebel...but mostly continue learning mathematics, which is one damn good way to spend one's life on this planet.
>
> (2) If you're already over high school level, in college or university: talk to WM. He has very astonishing, fantastic and even comic things to teach you.
>
> Tonio

Well the finitists at least not walking the path of Merry Poppins,
stop dreaming do science, oh wait i forgot math isn't science it is
philosophy. Well then proceed on your dream journey and let me talk to
people who do real math within the computational theory field. Still
looking for the wiz of Oz Tonio.