Topic: Labelling each curve and changing grid in ParametricPlot
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 3, 2013 8:19 PM

emammendes@gmail.com

Re: Labelling each curve and changing grid in ParametricPlot

Many thanks

Ed

On Feb 3, 2013, at 5:45 AM, Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357@gmail.com> wrote:

> plot[tau_, omega_] :=
> Module[{arg, abs},
> {arg, abs} =
> Factor[
> Together[
> ComplexExpand[
> Through[{Arg, Abs}[(1 + I*2*omega)/
> (1 + I*2*tau*omega)]]]]];
> {arg/Degree, 20*Log10[abs]}]
>
> Show[
> ParametricPlot[
> Evaluate[
> Table[
> plot[tau, omega],
> {omega, -0.5, -0.1, 0.05}]],
> {tau, 7, 15},
> PlotStyle ->
> Directive[
> Gray,
> AbsoluteDashing[{5, 5}]]],
> ParametricPlot[
> Evaluate[
> Table[
> plot[tau, omega],
> {tau, Range[7, 15]}]],
> {omega, -0.5, -0.01},
> AspectRatio -> 1],
> Frame -> True,
> Axes -> False,
> PlotRange -> All,
> AspectRatio -> 1,
> Epilog -> {
> Table[
> Text[tau, plot[tau, -0.5], {2, 0}],
> {tau, 8, 14, 2}],
> Table[
> Text[omega, plot[7, omega], {1.25, -1}],
> {omega, -0.45, -0.15, 0.1}]}]
>

> Bob Hanlon
>

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes
> <emammendes@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dear Bob
>>
>> Many thanks. As usual I will have to spend time to understand your =

code. I am too much of beginner.

>> As for the grid, I was thinking of removing the standard grid all =

together and draw (just the dashed grid lines) lines for specific values =
of Omega.

>> Regards
>>
>> Ed
>>

>> On Feb 2, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> plot[tau_, omega_] :=
>>> Module[{arg, abs},
>>> {arg, abs} =
>>> Factor[
>>> Together[
>>> ComplexExpand[
>>> Through[{Arg, Abs}[
>>> (1 + I*2*omega)/(1 + I*2*tau*omega)]]]]];
>>> {arg/Degree, 20*Log10[abs]}]
>>>
>>> ParametricPlot[
>>> Evaluate[
>>> Table[
>>> plot[tau, omega],
>>> {tau, Range[7, 15]}]],
>>> {omega, -0.5, -0.01},
>>> AspectRatio -> 1,
>>> GridLines -> Automatic,
>>> GridLinesStyle -> Dashed,
>>> ImageSize -> Large,
>>> Epilog -> {
>>> Table[
>>> Text[tau, plot[tau, -0.5], {2, 0}],
>>> {tau, 7, 15}]},
>>> Mesh -> 5]
>>>

>>> Bob Hanlon

problem.

I*2*\[Tau]*\[CapitalOmega])]]]]];

9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15}}],
Automatic,

the normal grid, a grid based on the values of Omega.

not figure out how to change it to my case. Something with Epilog.