Topic: Index out of bounds error
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 6, 2013 2:32 PM

dpb

Re: Index out of bounds error

On 2/6/2013 12:02 AM, Nicholas wrote:
> I'm extremely new to programming and have very limited experience in
> matlab. I've gone through the debug mode with no luck. It doesn't make
> sense that, even though I'm inputting 51 as the number of nodes, my code
> is telling me Nx = 50.

You must have modified it somewhere then...set a breakpoint at the point
after it's been entered and then step and see where it's modified. Or,
put in some strategic disp() statements and/or remove trailing ';' to
have output echo'ed to the console to see where things go south.

Check it's what you're actually running that you think it is...try

which (your_script/function_name)

at the command line to be certain it's not an aliased copy accidentally
saved earlier. If you've modified it, be sure you're running the
modified copy to be sure you've saved and in proper subdirectory and then

clear (your_script/function_name)

to make the new version be loaded instead of, perhaps a cached old
version still in memory...