Topic: meforce
Replies: 36   Last Post: Mar 13, 2013 1:28 PM

Tom Potter

Re: To see me always changes

"Mahipal" <mahipal7638@gmail.com> wrote in message
>On Feb 12, 12:27 pm, Mahipal <mahipal7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 1:07 pm, Mahipal <mahipal7...@gmail.com> wrote:> On Feb 9,
>> 6:04 pm, "Tom Potter" <tdp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>[trim]

>> > Language something Something SOMETHING...
>
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/12/rosetta_stone_system_for_protolanguages/
>
>"New cunning linguist computer has got ancient tongues licked"

Click on the URL below to see a spreadsheet
that outlines part of a language that I am working on.

http://www.warp-to.us/plc.jpg

It has the following qualities.

1. Is syllable based. ( Syllables are the atoms of speech. )
2. Uses the easiest to say and hear consonants and verb/diphthong sounds.
3. Arranges the verb/diphthong sounds horizontally in the order they are
learned by infants.
4. Arranges the consonant sounds vertically in the order they are learned by
infants.
5. The intersection of verbs and consonants
points to cells that represents the concept of that sound.

( In order to learn the language,
or for two people speaking entirely different languages to communicate,
all one has to do is create a chart on which the concepts in their language
is entered in the proper cells.)

( For example, if the "ba" cell represented food,
the word for food in one's language
would be entered in that cell in one's own language.)

In other words, if anyone said "ba",
anyone speaking any language would know
that the speaker was referring to "food"
by consulting the chart for their language.

6. Stand alone verb sounds and consonant "finals"
are used as modifiers and "switches".

For example, a stand alone "a" sound means "what?",
the final "m' sounds indicate possession,
the final "t" sound indicates a proper noun, etc.

For example p@ means "dad"
and p@ with an m final = "dad's".

The chart shown is designed to interface with infants,
and consonant "final" "switches"
are used to point to more sophisticated, technical and specialized tables.

7. Standard ascii characters are used to reference sounds specifically.

I copied this idea from James Evans,
who created a written language for Canadian Cree Indians,
and in five years all of the Indians could read and write.
( It was so easy to learn and simple to use.)

http://www.languagegeek.com/syl/1841_syllabics_chart.html

"James Evans, a Wesleyan missionary at Norway House in Hudson's Bay,
invented a syllabary for the Ojibwe language in about 1840..
based partly on shorthand."

I might point out, that inspired by Evans,
a Christian missionary in China
created a written language for a Chinese
culture that had no written language.

--
Tom Potter
http://tom-potter.tel