Topic: For Loop Problem
Replies: 2   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 9:22 AM

Steven Lord

Re: For Loop Problem

"Pete " <harri.short@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying to use a For Loop to assign each individual number in a 31x1
> matrix a letter. I have tried to create a For loop but i keep getting an
> error saying that it cannot label the point as there are not enough points
> in the matrix, i.e there are 31 numbers in the matrix and it is trying to
> find the 32nd. What am i doing wrong? Here is what i have at the moment:
> for j=1:length(Tr)
> A=Tr(j);
> B=Tr(j+1);

When j is equal to length(Tr), Tr(j+1) is one past the end of the array. How
to fix this depends on what exactly you're trying to do. There are likely
ways to do what you described without a loop, depending on the specific
details behind your individual numbers. Are they integer values? Are they
unique? What criteria are you using to generate the number -> letter
mapping? If you post more information to the newsgroup, people may be able
to offer more specific suggestions.

Steve Lord

Date Subject Author
Read Re: For Loop Problem