Topic: modified unique tolerance
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 1:20 PM

dpb

Re: modified unique tolerance

On 2/13/2013 9:09 AM, Xha wrote:
> I modified unique to be based on a tolerance,
>
> d = db ~= 0; -->
> d = db >= [insert tolerance here, e.g. 1e-6]
>
> this seems to work as intended

I'd _strongly_ suggest making the modifications in a revised function
rather than in the actual distribution.

Also, you may want to make tolerance dependent on whether is
single/double or on magnitude of values, etc., depending on the
application (another reason to not mung on original).