Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<97dc7396-7a6e-4bd1-99aa-d627b00113b5@x13g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 13 Feb., 19:00, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > For every n this is true.
> >
> > Your other claim is that there is no line
> > l such that d and l are equal as potentially infinite
> > sequences.
> >
> > Do you deny you have claimed this?

> No, of course not! Why should I do so?
> You cannot discern that two potentially infinity sequences are equal.

Speak for yourself, WM. Others are not so self-handicapped as you are.
> When will you understand that such a result requires completeness?

If it cannot be done, then induction must be impossible, too, as
induction allows such proofs.

> But
> potentially infinite sequences are not complete. You can only *for
> every n* determine whether identity is true.

Potentially infinite sequences in that sense exist only in WMytheology.

> *And that is true in the list!* For every n there is a FIS of d and a
> line l such that both are identical.

That can be achieved by having each element of the relevant alphabet
appear as a separate line.

For the binary alphabet, {"0","1"}, that only requires that both "0"
and "1" be lines of the list.

> This follows from the undisputed
> fact that the diagonal cannot stretch farther than any line.

The only place it is "undisputed" is in Wolkenmuekenheim.

And no one but WM ever visits there.

> Here is no complete list, no complete diagonal and no line containing
> a complete diagonal.
>
> 1
> 12
> 123
>
> But for every n the FIS(n) of d is in line(n).

Not if d starts with 321.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13