Topic: Delete plot
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 10:31 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Delete plot

"Keith Azzopardi" <keithazzopardi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a GUI application where I need to display several pcolor plots. I
> have one graph area and using a scroll bar to display the next plot. For
> each pcolor plot, I am also displaying a quiver plot which can be
> disabled via a radio button. However, the following error occurs:
>
> Error using delete
> Invalid or deleted object.
>
> Snippet:
> windDirStatus = get(hObject,'Value');
> axes(handles.graph);
>
> if (windDirStatus) windDirection = quiver
> (xaxis,yaxis,windUplot,windVplot);
> hold on;
> else
> % set(windDirection,'Visible','off');
> delete(windDirection);
> end
>
> Can somebody help me with this issue please?

There's no guarantee that windDirStatus has been true, and QUIVER been
called to create a new plot, between two calls to DELETE. You will probably
want to keep track of that and only DELETE if a new graphic to delete was
created.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com